Guardians of Trans and Gender Diverse Youth

All parents/legal guardians of a minor must consent to a legal name or gender marker change and do the paperwork on their behalf.

Affirmed names can be used on school IDs, class lists, timetables, etc. without a legal change - this can be a great option if you and your child are not ready to do a legal name change!

More Topics

Legal Markers

In this section, you will find more information about legal name and gender markers in Alberta and resources on changing...

Read more